Medical Card Evaluations

Medical Card Evaluations & Authorizations

AC Clinics offers evaluations for medical cannabis cards and authorizations to patients in California, Oregon, and Washington States. Please teak time to review the rules and regulations of cannabis use in your state.


California Qualifying Conditions

Patients in California diagnosed with one of the following medical conditions, are afforded legal protection under the California Medical Marijuana law, as per Ballot Proposition 215.

  • Anxiety

  • Arthritis

  • Cancer

  • Chemotherapy Side Effects

  • Chronic Pain

  • Fibromyalgia

  • HIV/AIDS​​

  • Migraine Headaches

  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

  • Radiation Therapy Side Effects

  • And any other chronic or persistent medical symptom that substantially limits the ability of the person to conduct one or major life activities (as defined by the American with Disabilities Act of 1990) or, if not alleviated, may cause serious harm to the patient's safety or physical or mental, health.

Once you’ve obtained your California certification from our physician, here’s how to proceed and what to expect:

While it is not required, you may choose to register your authorization with the State of California Department of Health and receive a Medical Marijuana Identification Card (MMIC). This is voluntary action is meant to help law enforcement and the public to verify the validity of a qualified patient or caregiver, allowing them to possess, grow, transport, and/or use Cannabis within California. The verification website is available on the internet @

CA county and City patient possession limits may apply

Various Counties and Cities maintain specific ordinances regarding possession of and activities related to cannabis use as well. Please contact your local sheriffs' office for details or visit the California Association of Counties page @

CA state wide patient possession limits:

The Compassionate Use Act does not contain any specified limitation of what a patient may carry. The Medical Marijuana Plan of 2004 allows a patient or primary caregiver to carry no more than:

  • 8 ounces of dried cannabis at any given time

  • 6 mature plants at any given time or

  • 12 immature plants at any given time

  • Further county and city restrictions may apply

CA state wide patient growing limits:

As of January 1, 2016, The Compassionate Use Act entitles qualified patients to cultivate up to:

  • 100 square feet for personal medical use, and primary caregivers with five or fewer patients are allowed up to 500 square feet.

  • Exemption under this section does not prevent a local government from further restricting or banning the cultivation of medical cannabis. See local limits.

To obtain the MMIC: You will need to fill out an Application/Renewal Form. You must reside in the California county where the application is submitted. You will need to provide current documentation with your application as follows:

  1. A copy of your physician’s Therapeutic Cannabis Recommendation

  2. Proof of identity: Examples include a valid California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) driver’s license or (ID) card or other valid government-issued photo ID card.

  3. Proof of residency: Examples include your rent or mortgage agreement, utility bill, or a California DMV motor vehicle registration.

You must apply in person at your county’s program. There you will be asked to:

  1. Pay the fee required by your county program. Medi-Cal beneficiaries will receive a 50 percent reduction in the application fee.

  2. Have your photo taken at the county’s program office. This photo will appear on your MMIC (

​As of January 1, 2016, new laws were enacted in California regarding medical marijuana dispensaries, cultivators, nurseries, distributors, transporters, and testing labs. The provision in SB 420 affording legal protection to patient collectives and cooperatives, all cannabis collectives must be licensed, except for individual patient and caregiver gardens serving no more than five patients. For more information please email the Department of Consumer Affairs´ Consumer Information Center at or call 1(800) 952-5210.


Oregon Qualifying Conditions

Patients in Oregon diagnosed with one of the following medical conditions, are afforded legal protection under the Oregon Medical Marijuana Act.

  • Cancer

  • Glaucoma

  • A degenerative or pervasive neurological condition


  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

  • A medical conditions that produces one or more of the following:

    • Cachexia (wasting syndrome)

    • Severe pain

    • Severe nausea

    • Seizures, including but not limited to seizures caused by epilepsy

    • Persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those caused by multiple sclerosis

​Once you’ve obtained your Oregon certification from our physician,​ here’s how to proceed and what to expect:​

  • Registering with the OMMP: The OMMP must receive your application no more than 90 days after the date on your physician statement and one may not renew more than 90 days before your current card expires. The state will mail a receipt upon receiving the application and you can use this receipt at dispensaries for up to 30 days, after which the official card is required. It can take the OMMP 2-to-6 weeks to process a Medical Marijuana Application and an additional 7-to-10 business days to mail the registry identification card(s) to the patient. To register, mail or drop off the original application with a check or money order.

  • OMMP fees range from $20-$200 as follows:​

$200 Standard

$60 on Food Stamps

$50 with OHP

$20 with SSI or VA

  • ​An additional $200 grow-site registration fee is due unless: you are growing only for yourself; you are growing at your own residence where there are 12 or fewer mature plants; and you are not transferring product to a medical processing site or dispensary. This fee is paid online at the OHA website by the grower. Patients who grow only for themselves at their own residence can voluntarily pay this fee to allow for increased harvest limits and selling to dispensaries, however you will also need to report.

To submit your application:

  • Mail to: OHA/OMMP; PO BOX 14450; PORTLAND, OR 97293

  • Drop off at: 800 NE OREGON AVE; PORTLAND, OR 97232 - ​The drop-slot is located on the 1st floor

  • File online: Create an account and file online at Click here for more instructions.

​Patient and Caregiver Possession Limits

Patients and caregivers who have a registry identification card may possess a combined 24 ounces of “usable marijuana” (the dried leaves and flowers of marijuana). Limits on concentrates and cannabinoid products are a combined 16 ounces of marijuana infused solid, 72 fluid ounces of marijuana infused liquid, and 16 ounces of concentrates. Possession limits on extracts are not referenced, however patients are limited to purchasing 5 grams of extract per day.

​Grower and Grow-site Limits

Grower and grow-site registration and rules depends on who is responsible for the grow-site and where the grow-site is. The person responsible for the grow-site must be age 21 or over:


No grow-site registered:

  • Can grow 4 plants TOTAL (per household)

  • No reporting requirements

Patient is grower at his/her own residence:

  • Can grow 6 mature plants (flowering plants)

  • No reporting requirements

Grower is not the patient and the grow-site is not at the patient's residence:

  • Can grow 6 mature plants (flowering plants) per patient

  • Harvest limits:

    • 6lb per indoor plant

    • 12lb per outdoor plant

  • Monthly reporting required


For more information, visit


Washington Qualifying Conditions

Patients in Washington diagnosed with one of the following medical conditions, are afforded legal protection under the Cannabis Patients Protection Act.

  • Cancer


  • Multiple sclerosis

  • Epilepsy or other seizure disorder

  • Spasticity disorders

  • Intractable pain

  • Glaucoma

  • Crohn’s disease

  • Hepatitis C

  • Diseases, including anorexia, which result in nausea, vomiting, wasting, appetite loss, cramping, seizures, muscle spasms, or spasticity

  • Chronic renal failure requiring dialysis

  • Traumatic brain injury (TBI)

  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

​Before You See the Doctor

You may wish to have a medical cannabis provider, or someone to grow and/or process your medical cannabis for you. If so, they must be present at the time of your appointment. There is an additional charge to add a provider to your recommendation afterwards and this also must be done in person.

Once you’ve obtained your Washington certification from our physician, ​here’s how to proceed and what to expect:

Register your recommendation with the Washington state Department of Health. Take your Washington state photo ID with your recommendation to any "Marijuana" store that has a "medical marijuana endorsement" and a recognition card will be issued for $1. Registration is optional; however, you cannot reap the full benefits of being a medical cannabis patient in Washington without having a recognition card.

Unregistered patient possession limits:

  • Possession of 1oz usable marijuana

  • 6oz marijuana at home or grow site

  • 7g marijuana concentrate

  • 72oz marijuana infused liquid

  • 16oz marijuana infused solid

  • 4 marijuana plants at grow site

Registered patient possession limits:

  • Possession of 3oz usable marijuana

  • 8-16oz marijuana at home or grow site

  • 21g marijuana concentrate

  • 216oz marijuana infused liquid

  • 48oz marijuana infused solid

  • 6-15 marijuana plants at grow site

PLEASE NOTE! Unregistered patients are afforded only an affirmative defense to growing and possession of medical marijuana. Registered patients are verifiable by the state and provided with arrest protection.

Cooperative Grow Sites:

Up to 4 qualifying patients or their providers may participate in a "cooperative marijuana garden" and grow their combined plant limits provided that:

  1. The cooperative garden and all participants are registered with the department of health.

  2. The cooperative garden is located at the home of one of the participants.

  3. The cooperative garden is not located within 1000 feet of a marijuana store.

  4. All participants possess a medical marijuana recognition card.

  5. All participants are over 21 (registered providers can participate in place of a patient under 21).

  6. All participants “must provide assistance in growing plants” in the form of “non-monetary resources and labor”.

  7. You submit an 'Application to Register a Cooperative' to the Liquor and Cannabis Board (LCB) for approval.

The cooperative can harvest the combined limits of the participants (up to 72 ounces). Any cannabis or cannabis products from the cooperative cannot be sold or provided to anyone who is not a participant of the cooperative.

​For questions, contact the Medical Marijuana Program at or call (360) 236-4819, or visit the Department of Health’s website at​.

Medical Cannabis Programs

Cannabis Medicine is protected and regulated at the state level as defended under Title 21 USC Section 903 of The Substance Abuse Act of 1970. Just as the practice of medicine is governed at a state level, cannabis medicine also falls under state purview. As such, medical cannabis rules and regulations vary state-by-state.

​This means that no two states are alike with respect to qualifying medical conditions, personal cannabis possession or growing limits, or regulations surrounding cultivating, manufacturing, and dispensing.

To qualify for medical cannabis, a patient must have a formally diagnosed ailment that is recognized as a qualifying medical condition by their state of residence and receive an authorization written by a licensed and sanctioned health care provider. With a medical authorization or card, a patient can home-grow, possess cannabis, or visit dispensaries and purchase medical cannabis products depending on respective state regulations. In states where adult use is legal, and adults are granted entry into dispensaries without a medical card, a medical card may still be required to home-grow, purchase certain products or possess exceptional limits, and typically results in discounted product prices.

​​Although cannabis has been used medicinally for centuries, since 1996 we have witnessed Cannabinoid Research rapidly evolve into a highly refined, application-specific and laboratory tested medical therapy. By joining your state’s medical cannabis program, you are helping the continued progress of cannabis based medicines.